From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Cc: zmedico@g.o, fuzzyray@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] patch, fix broken seed stage update
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 03:49:25
1 On Tue, 2013-02-26 at 19:22 -0800, Matt Turner wrote:
2
3 > So from talking on IRC, it seems that the problem that led to this
4 > patch was that a binpkg of gcc linked against an old mpc was used
5 > during stage1, leading to a broken gcc in stage2. Stripping --usepkg
6 > makes sense for this purpose.
7 >
8 > Removing --buildpkg I'm not sure about. It seems to me that anything
9 > that is built during the seed-update should be okay to use for the
10 > stage1.
13 Yeah, I thought it should be ok too, but so far opted to leave it out
14
15 I thought I'd wait for more feedback. That's also why I cc'd Zac, since
16 I didn't know if he was on this list.
19 > Adding an option for updating @system still seems unnecessary.
22 If everyone wants it nuked, is easy todo :)