From: Tom Stellard <tstellar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] GSOC: Making the cluster LiveCD bootable from USB
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:14:48
1 For Google Summer of Code, I am interested in working on a project to
2 make the current Gentoo cluster LiveCD bootable from a USB device. I
3 have been using catalyst to build the current version of the LiveCD,
4 so I can test it out, and I have a few questions:
5
6 It was mentioned on the gentoo-soc list that the next version of
7 catalyst would allow you to build stages 1-4 with only one call. Is
8 this feature planned, and if so what is the current progress?
9
10 When catalyst is building a stage, is there a way to execute a script
11 after catalyst has entered the chroot environment to do something like
12 mount tmpfs on /var/tmp/portage?
13
14 Thanks.
15