From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Howto autoconfigure xorg.conf without X on startup
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:39:48
1 On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 23:26 -0400, derek tracy wrote:
2 > For my XLiveCD I want to autoconfigure xorg.conf on startup via
3 > mkxf86config but I do not want X to start up after bootup is complete.
4
5 Which livecd/type are you using?
6
7 If you're using anything but catalyst 1.1.9 and livecd/type
8 generic-livecd, stop and switch now... ;]
9
10 > I have the XLiveCD working but I do not want the bootup process to
11 > automatically startup X. Mainly because my CD is an all in one type
12 > and if the only thing the user wants to do is reset a password why
13 > would they want to wait on X to finish starting up.
14
15 Understandable.
16
17 Add the following line to your fsscript:
18
19 rm -f /etc/startx
20
21 With livecd/type generic-livecd, this will stop the CD from auto-starting X.
22
23 > If I did not explain myself the greatest I apologize... Please let me
24 > know if I need to clarify anything.
27 Chris Gianelloni
29 Games - Developer
30 Gentoo Linux