From: Ben Kohler <bkohler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Series of patches for x86_64 UEFI support in catalyst
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 19:41:45
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm working on adding UEFI support for x86_64/amd64 builds in
4 catalyst. This is going to require some changes in catalyst itself
5 plus a new cdtar. Some of this is a bit of a gray area, as far as how
6 much to bundle prebuilt in the cdtar, versus generating @ runtime via
7 catalyst.
8
9 The UEFI-enabled isos will use grub2, we can provide a prebuilt one or
10 generate it @ runtime (of course depending on sys-boot/grub on the
11 host). If we build grub on demand, then the cdtar will basically just
12 add a couple of new dirs plus a grub-stub.cfg.
13
14 This is my current patch which assumes the cdtar will contain a
15 pregenerated grub image:
16
17 https://github.com/benkohler/catalyst/commit/c7e441d47bd9be60bca29a4d53dfbc82d73e7324
18
19 Tool for generating the cdtar used above, is here:
20
21 https://github.com/benkohler/cdtar-grub2
22
23 If anyone is interested in getting involved with or steering these
24 changes, please let me know. This catalyst change and cdtar should be
25 usable with current releng installcd specs, that's where I've been
26 testing.
27
28 You can also reach me @ iamben on Freenode IRC if you have questions/comments.
29