From: "Kessler
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-catalyst] When you are right you are right
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:08:40
1 I bounced the idea off of a colleague at IBM and he sent me this link:
2 http://fedoranews.org/contributors/matt_hansen/nautilus/
3 It is an example of how to do it on Fedora Core 2 with Pam, I'll
4 investigate down this road. The gnome config files for the menus are
5 enough to make you want to choke those guys, so hopefully Pam is the
6 answer.
7
8 -----Original Message-----
9 From: Andrew Gaffney [mailto:agaffney@g.o]
10 Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 9:01 AM
11 To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] When you are right you are right
13
14 Kessler, Paul wrote:
15 > Ok this might seem like a stupid question. But will sudo effect items
16 in
17 > the menu, or will anything that requires the elevated privilege
18 require
19 > execution from a command line? If it will not work that way is my only
20 > option to edit the command preferences in the menu to execute through
21 > sudo? I know that sounds crazy and maybe I am not verbalizing it well,
22 > but I have never used sudo outside of anything but a plain shell.
23
24 You will need to edit the menu entry to run the command through sudo.
25 It's not
26 automatic. The menu entries are probably just .desktop files (just a
27 guess),
28 which you can easily hack up with sed in your fsscript.
31 Andrew Gaffney
32 http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
33 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer
34 Project