From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Finally getting around to building live CDs with Catalyst
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:21:45
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 12:27 -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
3 >> One other question -- how do I get "~x86" into the build? Is there an
4 >> overlay for "/etc/make.conf" too?
5 >
6 > There is not an overlay for make.conf, nor will there ever be due to
7 > catalyst's design. Remember that this is a release-building tool, which
8 > means we would *never* use software that isn't marked stable.
9 >
10 > You can use your envscript to export ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" but that
11 > will *not* make it into any stages/LiveCD's make.conf file. Of course,
12 > if you're not using the Installer, then it doesn't matter much on a
13 > LiveCD, but it could have some pretty drastic consequences on stages.
14 >
15 > The simple answer is... don't.
16 >
17 > If you need a ~arch package, mark it stable in your snapshot prior to
18 > starting your build.
19 >
20 Actually, I probably only need a couple of ~x86 packages -- I can add
21 them to "package.keywords". It's just SWIG, R, Axiom, TeXmacs and LyX at
22 this point.
23 --
24 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list