From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How do I get /dev entries onto a livecd image?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:43:23
1 Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
2 > Sorry. Wrong there. I meant I want /dev/watchdog inside the loop, in the
3 > squashfs image.
4 > Does that change the answer?
5
6 No, it doesn't. The only reason it works on your normal install is because a
7 tmpfs is already mounted on /dev and udev is managing it. In the case of a
8 LiveCD, it doesn't matter what you put in /dev in the squashfs, since it gets
9 "hidden" when the tmpfs is mounted over it at boottime.
12 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
13 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead