From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Unionfs (was: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Keeping a test environment using catalyst)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:35:42
1 In retrospect, is busybox in the initrd linked statically? I didn't
2 check. If it is then we SHOULD be able to hardcode the busybox versions
3 of those tools (test, mv, ln) rather than using the cdrom versions.
4
5 One simple way to do it (using my algorithm of moving stuff into /.old
6 then deleting it all at the end) would be to put /.old/bin on the PATH,
7 like this:
8
9 PATH=/.old/bin:/bin
10
11 Hm, does the busybox shell do command search hashing? If so that's a
12 bit of a problem. Well, it should be simple to work around.
16 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
17 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
19 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
20 --
21 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list