From: Robert Paskowitz <rpaskowitz@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd + gensplash
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:30:45
1 > > > I've try a lot to make working a livecd with gensplash but without
2 > > > result, what did I do wrong ?
3 > >
4 > > gensplash support is shoddy at best with catalyst... which version of
5 > > catalyst was this? if it wasn't 1.1.4, then upgrade...
6 >
7 > so I've upgrade to 1.1.4 but there are some problems and I can't build
8 > the livecd stage1
9
10 This is due to the gconfd-2 problem mentioned earlier. To the best of my
11 understanding, 1.1.5 will be out shortly fixing this. In the mean time,
12 you can open up
13 vim /usr/lib/catalyst/targets/livecd-stage1/livecd-stage1.sh and comment
14 out the three lines below(and not including) "killall -9 gconfd-2"
15
16 Robert