From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] reference manual gone?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:21:40
1 On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 21:06 -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > > Speaking of example specs, are the ones for 2008.0 available publicly yet?
3 >
4 > Yes, but they're still a work in progress, which they will be right up until we
5 > actually release. They're available from the shiny new releng repo in gentoo's SVN.
6
7 Indeed. I wouldn't use them. At this point, most arches don't even
8 build completely. Also, you don't have the 2008.0 snapshot (and you
9 won't get it... :P) so the specs are useless, since we switched to a new
10 multi-parent profile layout. In fact, it is this layout which is
11 causing most of our problems.
12
13 If you want *working* specs, grab 2007.0 (or even 2007.1) and work from
14 there. Using the in-progress specs is *never* a good idea, since they
15 could be broken, especially since most release coordinators don't update
16 their specs in SVN until after things have built properly.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Games Developer