From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] CONFIG_LOCALVERSION
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:56:43
1 On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 21:49 -0500, Robert Paskowitz wrote:
2 > Would it be worthwhile to complete my work, get catalyst to support
3 > CONFIG_LOCALVERSION?
4
5 Honestly, no. Using the built-in catalyst extraversion also causes
6 catalyst to call genkernel using those names. Basically, the support is
7 there and working with extraversion, and I think the time spent trying
8 to support LOCALVERSION (which breaks external module builds with
9 portage anyway) isn't the best way to spend development time.
12 Chris Gianelloni
14 Games - Developer
15 Gentoo Linux