From: David Bryson <mutex@g.o>
To: wolf31o2@g.o, gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] cascades
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:43:41
1 On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 02:41:31PM -0500 or thereabouts, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 >
3 > I think the reasoning behind this is that catalyst always processes
4 > profiles from right to left, just like portage does. I'm not really
5 > sure why it works like it does, so you won't find me changing it... ;]
8 catalyst merges cached packages(options="pkgcache") it merges packages in
9 the down-the-tree order. Parent package.build first, then child.
10
11 Seems like things are done in different ways for no defined reason.