From: Jeramia Poland <jeramia.poland@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] emerge ati-drivers-14.4_p1 fails 3.16.5-sources xorg 1.15 gcc 4.8.3 graphite and lto
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:20:04
1 Emerging ati-drivers-14.4_p1 fails on a 3.16.5-sources install with xorg
2 1.15 and gcc 4.8.3 with graphite and lto enabled. I enabled graphite and
3 lto using these steps:
4 http://yuguangzhang.com/blog/enabling-gcc-graphite-and-lto-on-gentoo/
5
6 I thought graphite and or lto could be a problem so I added the no-lto and
7 no-graphite options for ati-drivers in the package.env file but no luck.
8
9 I tried changing to the gcc-4.8.3 vanilla profile through gcc-config but
10 that didn't work either.
11
12 I am getting a message from portage about missing xattr pax and how that
13 might lead to a problem with ati-drivers but I'm not sure how to enable
14 those.
15
16 Attached are the info file, build log, pqv output and environment files.
17
18 Anybody know what I should do?
19
20 Thanks,