From: Lanza Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Lanza@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] concerning USE flags
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 12:28:08
1 Hi, I'm sorry if this question might have been asked a thousand times,
2 but I cannot find a solution. I also read the howtos that I could find,
3 included the documentation that is currently removed from the gentoo
4 site.
5
6 The question is, where do I tell Catalyst the correct USE flags for a
7 specific program?
8
9 I tried in portage.config. It did not catch it.
10 I put it in
11 /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/mycd/livecd-stage1.../etc/portage/package.use.
12 Same.
13 I put it in
14 /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/mycd/livecd-stage2.../etc/portage/package.use.
15 Same.
16
17 I know that Catalyst does not read package.use as expected. But I don't
18 see how to do then.
19
20 I suspected that, if I run catalyst again without removing the whole
21 livecd-stage, it won't rebuild my package with the new USE flags. So, I
22 removed the whole livecd-stage2, modified the USE flags, added my
23 package that needed a rebuild with the correct flags, and rebuilt
24 livecd-stage2 completely. But still it was built with the wrong flags
25 and failed.
26
27 I will appreciate if you can point me to the right direction.
28 Thank you!