From: Greg Fitzgerald <netzdamon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd stage1 kernel .config
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 19:33:36
1 First off, sorry if this got double posted. Pretty sure I sent it
2 to the wrong address first time.
3
4 I went and created stages 1-3 and I am now working on my livecd stage1.
5
6 My spec file is as follows:
7
8 subarch: amd64
9 version_stamp: installer-2007.0
10 target: livecd-stage1
11 rel_type: default
12 profile: default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop
13 snapshot: 20080104
14 source_subpath: default/stage3-amd64-20080104
15
16 livecd/use:
17 branding
18 livecd
19 socks5
20
21 livecd/packages:
22 --- lots of packages here ---
23
24 It compiles around 400 packages then dies on gnome-menus which requires a
25 .config file in my kernel sources directory. Wondering how to solve this
26 issue. I am new to making a livecd with catalyst, but my understanding is
27 you set the .config file for your kernel in your livecd stage2. I tried
28 to copy it to the livecd cache directory under /usr/src/linux and starting
29 again with -a but it appears to get deleted when I start again. Can anyone
30 let me know how I should proceed from here?
31
32 Thanks,
33 Greg
34 --