From: Jimmy Rosen <jimmy.rosen@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] CD based distos...
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:29:38
1 On Friday 15 October 2004 07.03, Robb III, George B. wrote:
2 > Hey all...
3 >
4 > http://lcic.org/distros.html
5 >
6 > nifty web page with a few CD based clustering options... Fun for
7 > after hours lab clustering with out having to wipe HDs...
8 >
9 > A project that I would like to try: to use my existing Gentoo
10 > server with its nice raid storage and modify it by putting an
11 > openMosix kernel on then be able to netboot the clients from an
12 > image on the server... Haven't begun yet but, will try and do a
13 > simple write up for all the other newbs out there like me...
14 >
15 > George
16 >
17 > --
18 > gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list
19
20 I think there already is a doc/howto on the topic of diskless gentoo,
21 I remember skimming it quickly several months ago. Check it out in
22 the docs area of the gentoo web.
23
24 There has been some discussion about this before on this list, forums
25 and elsewhere, check it out. I think gmane.org archives gentoo's
26 lists?
27
28 I've been using this technique for a couple of years. Gentoo +
29 openmosix + diskless nodes with a single system image. I'm clustering
30 servers, desktops, compute nodes and all together on the same
31 cluster, and the same way.
32 Works really well, so I can really recommend it.
35 Harebrafolk
36 Jimmy
39 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list