From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: Jairo.Cardozo@×××.com
Cc: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] Re: Iozone on multiple nodes using ssh
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 03:21:00
1 Hi, Jairo, thanks!
2
3 On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:54 AM, <Jairo.Cardozo@×××.com> wrote:
4 > Chuanwen,
5 >
6 > I was trying to run iozone in cluster mode, and faced the same issue you
7 > are.
8 >
9 > I found the solution. My cluster has two network interfaces, one for admin,
10 > one to connect to the NFS share. I wanted to use jumbo frames to have
11 > better network performance, so I enabled jumbo frames, MTU size was changed
12 > on both interfaces to 9000. iozone uses the admin network to connect the
13 > master and the clients.
14 >
15 > After I changed the MTU size back to 1500 on the admin interface, voila,
16 > iozone worked. For some reason, when the client is trying to get back to
17 > the master, it does not like jumbo frames.
18 I have checked the MTU of the net interface, and it's 1500. I didn't
19 change the default value:
20 # ifconfig | grep MTU
21 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
25 wcw