From: "Brian D. Ropers-Huilman" <bropers@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] GlusterFS
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:00:57
1 Your comment on needing to "store *a lot* of data (like 50TB max)" is very
2 relative. For sites like ours and many others, *a lot* of data means 100's
3 of PB. :)
4
5 As to your questions RE: GlusterFS, this announcement has also recently made
6 the rounds on the beowulf mailing list though there has not been too much
7 conversation about it. Being new, nobody has tried it as of yet, as such
8 there are not many comparative studies (if any) out there.
9
10 What they claim to be able to do is quite nice. But then again, many vendors
11 and other FOSS cluster file systems have made such claims in the past. Only
12 time will tell.
13
14 The only real thing I can offer is that I will be watching this very closely
15 which might lend some credence to Gluster as a potential solution.
16