From: Mathias Weigt <m.weigt@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Goto BLAS
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:17:00
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Mathias Weigt wrote:
3 >
4 >> Donnie Berkholz wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> BTW, I've got an ebuild prepared for Goto BLAS. Currently we're
7 >>> reworking eselect blas/lapack to be a bit less of a hack, but it should
8 >>> show up sometime soon.
9 >>>
10 >> Did you manage to get the tests working with g77 (gcc-3.4) or gfortran
11 >> (gcc-4.1) on AMD64? I tried a couple of days ago and got segfaults for
12 >> both. Only the PGI pgf77 compiler worked for me. I wrote a mail to the
13 >> goto mailing list but got no answer yet. This mailing list seems to be
14 >> dead. Here is what I wrote to them:
17 > No, I don't own an amd64. Please do post to the list next time instead
18 > of emailing me personally, so everyone can benefit.
19 >
20 Sorry for that.
21 Using your ebuild I got the tests passed. After looking at the
22 differences in Makefile.rule I found that I used "INTERFACE64 = 1" with
23 g77 and gfortran which causes the tests to segfault. (from the Readme:
24 "Notice you need a Fortran compiler that supports 64bit integer interface.")
25 So thanks for the ebuild - it seems to work also for amd64
26
27 Mathias
28 --
29 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list