From: Bryan Green <bryan.d.green@××××.gov>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] eselect-mpi and boost mpi
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:29:51
1 Bryan Green writes:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Now that I am using empi/eselect-mpi, I would like to install boost-1.35.0
5 > with its MPI library (it has an 'mpi' use flag).
6 > When I try to emerge it, it trys to pull in sys-cluster/openmpi as a
7 > dependency. I tried adding sys-cluster/openmpi to
8 > /etc/portage/package.provided, but for some reason that does not work.
9 >
10 > Any suggestions on how to get boost-mpi to build against my eselected
11 > MPI? I also wonder if it would really be necessary build a version of boost
12 > for each MPI package installed, using 'empi --add ...'. That seems like
13 > overkill.
14
15 Having added openmpi to /etc/portage/profile/package.provided,
16 I can emerge boost with mpi, but the mpi autodetect fails during the
17 compilation with this message:
18
19 MPI auto-detection failed: unknown wrapper compiler mpic++
20
21 The same occurs if I run 'ebuild ... compile'.
22 But if I run the same command as root from the resulting /var/tmp/.../work
23 directory, the detection is successful.
24
25 Any ideas what might be going on here? What part of the ebuild environment
26 changes such that it does not see mpic++ anymore?
27
28 -bryan
31 gentoo-cluster@l.g.o mailing list