From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o, k_f@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] Stats on HPC clusters running Gentoo
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 23:18:16
1 Hi Alexxy and all!
2
3 While preparing Gentoo flyer[1,2] on upcoming FOSDEM event it was
4 suggested to include some words about Gentoo in HPC. So I'm asking
5 community about recent stats of using Gentoo on HPC clusters.
6
7 I ran several clusters at a university on Gentoo, but they are weak
8 by modern standards (<10 TFlops CPU, no GPU for the best one, though
9 with IB QDR interconnect), so I'm reluctant to add them in the
10 flyer. If someone can provide us with better and actual numbers,
11 this will be nice.
12
13 IIRC Alexxy is running some HPC setups. Are they on Gentoo? If yes,
14 please provide some stats (Flops, number of cores, nodes, storage,
15 interconnect and so on).
16
17 If someone can provide any other relevant info, we'll be grateful.
18
19 Years ago there was a Gentoo cluster project page with list of
20 active setups, but I can't find it any more and it is likely to be
21 outdated anyway.
22
23 [1] https://download.sumptuouscapital.com/gentoo/fosdem2018/gentoo-fosdem2018-flyer.pdf
24 [2] git://git.sumptuouscapital.com/gentoo/pr-fosdem2018-flyer.git
25
26 Best regards,
27 Andrew Savchenko