From: Justin Bronder <jsbronder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Compiler choice
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:07:57
1 I just completed tricking the IBM XL compilers to install in Gentoo with a
2 multilb environment, glibc-2.3.6 and gcc-4.1.0. I haven't done much testing
3 aside from a few basic MPI programs designed to stress our Myrinet cards,
4 but things seem to be working.
5
6 I decided to post the instructions as the next best thing I ever found
7 dealing
8 with this topic was the following on the forums which never quite got
9 xlf installed,
10 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-300643-highlight-xlf+xserve.html
11
12 Anyways, as I'll probably have to do this all again and will have forgotten
13 how by then, I threw it on our blog. Check it out if you're interested, but
14 note that this is the first time I've ever posted anything like a how-to
15 publicly.
16
17 http://www.clusters.umaine.edu/blog/2006/05/24/gentoo-20060-64bit-userland-to-20060-multilib-with-gcc-410-r1-and-glibc-236-r4/
18 http://www.clusters.umaine.edu/blog/2006/05/24/tricking-the-ibm-xl-compilers-to-install-in-gentoo-linux/