From: Dan <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] gentoo 2006.1 + openmosix-sources-2.6.12.r577 + openmosix-user?
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 00:50:41
1 Hi everyone. My name's Dan Farrell and to be brief I have had rotten
2 luch configuring my openmosix cluster's first node.
3
4 what i really need is a howto on doing openmosix with 2.6 that isn't a
5 stub that doesn't help at all... can anyone direct me to a decent guide
6 for 2.6 openmosixing?
7
8 I am running gentoo 2006.1 and an openmosix-2.6.12-r577 kernel. I
9 have attempted to install openmosix-user-0.3.6-r3 and the
10 configuration fails with:
11
12 checking for /usr/src/linux/include/hpc/comm.h....no
13
14 and then an appropriate error explaining that the build failed because
15 openMosix header files weren't found. But the file is there; I have no
16 idea why this happens. I can only assume that the version of
17 openmosix-user i was emerging was only good with 2.4 kernels, which are
18 the only unmasked ones...probably not a coincidence. unfortunately my
19 2.4 kernel utterly failed to build (incompatibility w/ gcc 4+?) so I
20 have no option but to reinstall gcc or downgrade, or find another
21 clusterning method. ; (
22
23 I have lots of gentoo experience (since 2002, when we had mosix 2.4
24 working ... ) and am reasonably intelligent. can anyone point me in
25 the right direction?
26
27 Thanks a whole lot. Sincerely, Dan Farrell
28 --
29 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list