From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Cc: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>, k_f@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Re: Stats on HPC clusters running Gentoo
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 23:33:23
1 On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 21:42:37 +0300 Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
2 > Hi all!
3 >
4 > Sorry for delay.
5 >
6 > Well we currently have few systems at SPbSTU (and yes some of them runs
7 > gentoo, but currently not that one that is in top500)
8 >
9 > So about systems:
10 >
11 > One old called Sigma
12 >
13 > 8 nodes:
14 > cpu: 4 x AMD Opteron 6174, 12 core, 2.2GHz
15 > mem: 128G RAM
16 > net: 40Gbps QDR Infiniband, 10Gbps Ethernet
17 > Storage FS: Lustre
18 > Storage size: 13.5Tb
19 >
20 > Second one is slightly exotic system called ccNUMA (actualy part of HPC
21 > complex installed in 2014)
22 >
23 > 64 nodes:
24 > cpu: 3 x AMD Opteron 6380, 16 core, 2.5GHz
25 > mem: 96G RAM
26 > net: 56Gbps FDR Infiniband, NumaScale
27 > Storage FS: Lustre
28 > Storage size: 1Pb
29 >
30 > ccNUMA actuly uses NumaScale interconnect and bootloader so it can be
31 > used as Jumbo ccNUMA Single System Image
32 > with ~3000 cores and 12Tb RAM that will be seen by single linux kernel
33 > (and yes it runs gentoo)
36 > Other 3 partitions of our HPC systems currently runs CentOS 7 (but may
37 > be migrated to gentoo in near future). All this partitions shares same
38 > Lustre FS as ccNUMA
39 >
40 > * tornado : nodes: 612
41 > cpu: 2 x Intel Xeon CPU E5-2697 v3 @ 2.60GHz
42 > cores/hwthreads: 28 / 28
43 > mem: 64G
44 > net: 56Gbps FDR Infiniband
45 > * tornado-k40 : nodes: 56
46 > cpu: 2 x Intel Xeon CPU E5-2697 v3 @ 2.60GHz
47 > cores/hwthreads: 28 / 28
48 > co-processor: 2 x Nvidia Tesla K40x
49 > co-porcessor mem: 12G
50 > mem: 64G
51 > net: 56Gbps FDR Infiniband
52 > * mic : nodes: 288
53 > cpu: 1 x Intel Xeon Phi 5120D @ 1.10GHz
54 > cores/hwthreads: 60 / 240
55 > mem: 8G
56 > net: 56Gbps FDR Infiniband
57 >
58 > Storage: 1 PB Lustre FS
62 > PS also we have some exotic storage system used for backup (400+ disks
63 > attached via SAS and runs single ZFS filesystem)
64
65 Thanks, Alexey!
66
67 This information will be very useful, we'll include parts of it in
68 the Gentoo's FOSDEM flyer.
69
70 Best regards,
71 Andrew Savchenko