From: Joel Martin <kanaka@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Cc: Bryan Green <bgreen@××××××××.gov>
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] lustre ebuilds
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:05:09
1 Bryan et all,
2
3 Here is a tarball of the relevant part of my overlay:
4 http://dev.gentoo.org/~kanaka/files/lustre-1.5.91-overlay.tgz
5
6 There are two ebuilds:
7 - lustre-sources-2.6.15 which is lustre patches against 2.6.15 vanilla
8 kernel.
9 - lustre-1.5.91 which is the lustre kernel modules and user spaces
10 utilities. There is fetch restricted to match CFS's desires so you
11 will need to go to their download page to download the package.
12
13 Note that currently this only supports amd64. Unfortunately, the
14 lustre modules/utilities package wants a lusterized kernel tree that
15 has at least had headers/scripts built. Therefore, in the
16 lustre-sources/files directory, there is a fairly generic amd64 kernel
17 config that is used to do this before the sources are installed. So to
18 support other arches, you will need to create a generic kernel config
19 for that arch.
20
21 I've used these to build, boot and mount a Lustre file-system from
22 a client perspective. I was using gcc-3.4.4 on an Opteron system. I've
23 heard gcc-4.X and Lustre have issues, but I've not had a chance to
24 test this.
27 Joel Martin (kanaka)