From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Herd split? hac-cluster and hpc-cluster
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:18:35
1 Andrew D. Fant wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> We might benefit from splitting the clustering packages into two
4 >> separate groups for high-availability and high-performance computing.
5 >> This will help to keep the bugs a bit cleaner so each group of folks
6 >> will have a clearer idea of what they need to do.
7 >>
8 >> Does anyone else have thoughts on this?
11 > It sounds like a good idea. Are there enough developers who would want to go
12 > with either herd to make it viable?
13
14 Here's the cluster alias:
15
16 azarah
17 ct
18 george
19 dberkholz
20 pyrania
21 voxus
22 iggy
23 xmerlin
24 markusle
25 ribosome
26
27 Of those, I haven't seen azarah, ct, george, pyrania or iggy do anything
28 lately.
29
30 ha: xmerlin
31 hpc: dberkholz, voxus, xmerlin, markusle, ribosome
32 tantive also has metadata for much of the openmosix stuff.
33
34 This pretty clearly shows that we could use extra help for HA packages.
35
36 Thanks,
37 Donnie
38 --