From: Bryan Green <bgreen@××××××××.gov>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] examples of (large) Gentoo clusters
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 18:12:58
1 "Hanni Ali" writes:
2 >
3 > The cluster will be a "hyperwall", meaning that each node
4 > > > will have graphics, forming a grid of displays for multi-parameter,
5 > > > multi-dimensional scientific visualization.
8 > Sounds fascinating I do hope you will report how it goes and what method
9 > you use to achieve this.
10
11 We already have a 3x3 hyperwall running Gentoo, but thats a lot simpler than
12 what we will be building. If you are interested, our mini got a little
13 publicity a year ago in the Gentoo Weekly Newsletter:
14
15 http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20051205-newsletter.xml#doc_chap2
16
17 We also just had a paper published in IEEE Transactions on Visualization and
18 Computer Graphics. The graphics cluster described is our 7x7, which is
19 rather old and still running Fedora Core 2.
20
21 http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/search/wrapper.jsp?arnumber=4015457
22
23 The new cluster will be designed to do more of what is described in that
24 paper.
25
26 -bryan
29 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list