From: Jan Klopper <janklopper@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Most stable kernel for mpich2 cluster?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:49:15
1 Hi,
2
3 I'd suggest asking this on the kernel.org maillists, Since i don't think LVS
4 clustering has many special requirements on the kernel.
5
6 Any new fresh kernel 1.6.18 might need a bunch of security/stability fixes,
7 But on the other hand , the 2.6.17 kerne should allready have received most
8 of those simple fixes, and shoud thus be stable.
9
10 Maybe if you need special patches (no-arp), that only support a fixed set of
11 kernels, then you need to look for a special kernel version, but that
12 depends on your patches.
13
14 I'm running a cluster of 6 dl360's (g1), so your's looks like a beast next
15 to mine :P
16
17 with regards
18 Jan