From: Nick Anderson <nick@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Gentoo clustering "à la" www.clustermatic.org (PXE booted nodes) The evolution...
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:41:33
1 How is your project comming along?
2 Ive built a small start of a cluster. 4 P4 machines (3 nodes) diskless config.
3 Building some of the scheduling apps now.
4
5 On Friday 27 January 2006 1:27 pm, Eric Thibodeau wrote:
6 > I started the aformentionned thread a month or so back. Now things are
7 > getting on a roll. Thanks to Jimmy Rosen and Wilhelm Meier, I am presently
8 > writing up two documents to try to make this as clear and simple as
9 > possible for us Gentoo users:
10 >
11 > Configuring a client for diskless operation (SSI):
12 > http://wiki.neuralbs.com/index.php/Gentoo_Diskless_Client
13 >
14 > Configuring a server as a Beowulf headnode for such SSI clients with a
15 > selection of management/performance tools:
16 > http://wiki.neuralbs.com/index.php/Installing_Gentoo_as_a_Beowulf_Head_node
17 >
18 > I presently mostly ennumerate packages. My intention is to explicit a
19 > typical configuration for each component. Ideally, I will/would create a
20 > meta-ebuild that would pull most fo these tools and pre-configure most of
21 > the config files using a combination of scripts/global config file sourced
22 > by the script.
23 >
24 > Some of the aspects which will be eating up most of my time:
25 > ebuild for OpenMPI
26 > ebuild for lam-mpi 6.x (an expliocit requirement by my department, no
27 > comments on this please...unless you already have an ebuild ;) )
28 > ...learn how to configure all these tools to interact correctly together.
29 >
30 > Obviously, any comments/contributions are more than welcommed! ;)
31 >
32 > --
33 > Eric Thibodeau
34 > Neural Bucket Solutions Inc.