From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Vote: What next?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:01:50
1 First off, sorry for not taking more part in the public discussion on
2 -project, i simply didn't get to read or even respond to it in the
3 last few days.
4
5 On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 01:31:51PM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
6 > 1) Have an election now;
7
8 Would be the option of choice if people want to uphold the letter of
9 glep 39 rather than the spirit, and also it would stall things for
10 quite a while, so it's not the option i'd choose.
11 However, if people want it, fine with me.
12
13 > 2) Hold a 1-week vote asking all devs whether we should have elections;
14
15 That's definitely my favourite option as it would be the most
16 democratic approach and reflect whatever our folks really want us to do.
17
18 > 3) Say that last week's nonmeeting didn't count for any of these
19 > reasons: it was (a) poorly announced, (b) not voted on by a council
20 > majority or (c) not a regularly scheduled meeting; or
21
22 Not really a good option i think.
23
24 > 4) Something else. (What?)
25
26 1) Miss a meeting.
27 2) ?
28 3) Profit!
29
30 :-)
31
32 cheers,
33 Wernfried
37 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
38 Gentoo Forums - http://forums.gentoo.org
39 forum-mods (at) gentoo.org
40 #gentoo-forums (freenode)