From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54/55 updates [WAS] Council Meeting summary for 26 February 2009
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 07:19:33
On 19:19 Mon 02 Mar     , Thomas Anderson wrote:
> - GLEP 55 > There had been quite a bit of discussion on this topic recently. > Within hours of the council meeting new proposals were being proposed > and discussion was ongoing. > > Conclusion: > No decision as of yet. Ciaran Mccreesh(ciaranm) and Zac > Medico(zmedico) volunteered to benchmark the various proposals on > the package managers they maintain(paludis and portage > respectively. Petteri(Betelgeuse) will assist with the portage > benchmarks. Tiziano(dev-zero) and Alec Warner(antarus) will write > up a comparison of the various proposals and their various > advantages and disadvantages within a week. > > - GLEP 54 > There had been some discussion on gentoo-dev since last meeting, > though no consensus or agreement had been reached(surprise!) > > Conclusion: > Thomas Anderson(tanderson) and Luca Barbato(lu_zero) will write up > a comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of the two > proposals(-scm and _live). This will be completed within a week.
What is the status of both of these? If they aren't done yet, why not, what needs to happen, and who needs to do it? Furthermore, why do I need to prod people for an update? When you commit to a date, you should be minimally sending out *something* on that date to let us know what is blocking progress. I don't enjoy acting like a mother hen, and I can't imagine it's terribly fun from the other end either. -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Developer, Gentoo Linux Blog: