From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Website changes [WAS] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:19:17
1 On 15:51 Wed 11 Feb , Tiziano Müller wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, den 10.02.2009, 15:11 -0800 schrieb Donnie Berkholz:
3 > > On 09:12 Tue 10 Feb , Tiziano Müller wrote:
4 > > > - Homepage: any news on reorganizing the index?
5 > >
6 > > Well, we just reorganized it a couple of weeks ago. Have you checked it
7 > > lately?
8 >
9 > Yes I've checked it and I like it.
10 >
11 > > Or were you looking for a complete redesign when you said this?
12 >
13 > Yes, there were some plans sometime and as far as I remember there was
14 > also a competition for the design. Or am I wrong?
15
16 Curtis got sick of working on it and frustrated with the endless
17 bugfixes, and he quit Gentoo altogether. The person who actually won the
18 contest never did anything beyond the initial design he submitted.
19
20 > > > Can the council push this by trying to delegate the task to someone?
21 > >
22 > > Matthew Summers (quantumsummers) has been experimenting with a
23 > > django-based version. I haven't kept close tabs on what he's up to.
24 > >
25 > > This is too large a chunk of work to simply delegate to someone and tell
26 > > them to do it. You have to have people who are both enthusiastic and
27 > > knowledgeable with time to work on it.
28 >
29 > Well, let's see what comes out of "beacon", that would be a good start
30 > to have a simpler editing tool.
31
32 Huh? This thread was about the website redesign. I don't understand what
33 you're getting at.
36 Thanks,
37 Donnie
38