From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: Stepping back from council duties
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:16:28
1 On 18:31 Mon 17 Nov , Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > When a member of the council resigns mid term, advertise the post and
3 > solicit applictions from the developer pool. The remaining council can
4 > then appoint an applicant for the remander of the term.
5
6 I actually like the halfway position of optionally appointing the
7 next-ranking person from the elections (above "nobody" of course) or
8 electing a new person.
9
10 The delay is a bit annoying though. I don't really see any reason that
11 it needs to be longer than 1 week for nomination and another for voting.
12
13 > While I'm reforming the council, I would like to see the term extended
14 > to two years with only half the seats being contested each year.
15 > The important thing here is to prevent loss of continuity.
16
17 I agree with this and have thought about it before. Thanks for proposing
18 it!
21 Thanks,
22 Donnie
23