From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:01:03
On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 17:18 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:11:19 +0100 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote: > > >>>>> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Ciaran McCreesh wrote: > > > [...] kdebuild-1 needs to remain so long as package managers > > > support it. > > > > We can considerably shorten this discussion, because it boils down to > > the following: PMS is an official Gentoo document, and therefore it's > > not upon you to make this decision. > > Alright. We'll escalate this to the Council then. > > Council: please vote on the following at the next meeting: > > "kdebuild-1 to be kept in PMS as-is until we're reasonably sure that no > users have installed packages that use kdebuild-1. Since kdebuild-1 is > no longer actively used for installable packages, when time permits, and > to fit in with the normal release cycle, the Paludis team shall take > steps to notify users who do have installed kdebuild-1 packages that > they should uninstall those packages. This shall be done by having a > deprecation check for at least one major version (x.y) series of > releases before removal in the subsequent major version (x.z)."
As pointed out many times to you. kdebuild has nothing with do with Gentoo proper. I see no reason that it should concern the council at all. I do not intend to vote on this item and consider the matter EOF. If you continue to mail bomb the council list, it will be considered abuse. -- Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> Gentoo Linux

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>