From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] The slacker mark
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:52:05
1 As you know the by GLEP 39 council members are marked as slacker if they
2 (or their proxy) fail to show up for two consecutive meetings.
3
4 Being marked as slacker makes your council life much harder. While a
5 council member can miss every second meeting without consequences. A
6 slacker who "misses any further meeting (or their appointed proxy
7 doesn't show up), they lose their position and a new election is held to
8 replace that person. The newly elected council member gets a 'reduced'
9 term so that the yearly elections still elect a full group."
10
11 So this might be a problem since yesterday's meeting:
12 lu_zero wasn't there for the second time in a row. If we follow GLPE 39
13 he'll get the slacker mark.
14
15 We should clearify the "new election" part in time. I think this council
16 started in July 2008 and there will be many meetings that can be missed
17 in the next 9 month.
18
19 As there is already a replacement strategy for devs leaving the council
20 (take the next ranked candidate if the council agrees, else elect one)
21 one might think to use the same for a slacker missing any further
22 meeting. But that doesn't work as the slacker can be elected again:
23
24 "Council members who have previously been booted for excessive slacking
25 may stand for future elections, including the election for their
26 replacement. They should, however, justify their slackerness, and should
27 expect to have it pointed out if they don't do so themselves."
28
29 Ideas?