From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Council meeting summary for 8 November 2007
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:10:09
1 On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 00:05 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > > As I've gone the other way, do you now trust me less? I'd like to know
3 > > why also :)
4 >
5 > I don't hold this opinion, but people could bring up later resentment at
6 > Gentoo for not being able to get your way, etc.
7
8 I left of my own free will, with no animosity. I have no resentment at
9 Gentoo.
10
11 I would also note that at least 5 Gentoo developers have encouraged me
12 to make commits after I announced my retirement. I have not done a
13 single commit as I feel that would break any trust or integrity I have
14 earned during my time as a Gentoo developer. If I wanted to screw Gentoo
15 because of this, I would have done this already whilst I still wield the
16 ultimate power.
17
18 No, such people that would think like that are idiots.
19
20 Thanks
21
22 Roy