From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Voting by mail
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:38:02
1 Heya,
2
3 Am Donnerstag, den 25.02.2010, 19:42 -0700 schrieb Denis Dupeyron:
4 > In a few words here is the problem. Is it a good idea to allow council
5 > members to vote by email when they're not able to make it to the
6 > meeting?
7
8 Yes, it is. (I thought we had agreed on considerung previously noted
9 votes via mail, thus I mailed my votes before our last meething)
10
11 > If so how? Should that be done before or allowed to be done
12 > after the meeting?
13
14 It should be up to the council member in question - if one feels he's
15 able to vote before the meeting i see no problem with doing so. I've
16 some ambivalent feelings about votes after a meeting though ...
17
18 > Do we want to limit the number of members voting by
19 > email for a given meeting? What do we do in case there are more votes
20 > by email than the limit we set? Feel free to add more questions and
21 > your opinion. This discussion isn't limited to council members by the
22 > way.
23
24 The number should be somewhat limited to make sure all council members
25 who are able to attend a meeting are present. Having a 50% attendance
26 limit for meetings allows us to have 3 members being able to vote by
27 mail - that might work as an indirect limit.
28
29 - Tobias
32 Praxisbuch Nagios
33 http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/pbnagiosger/