From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:12:11
Things I'd like to see being discussed are:

- staggered elections ... did we came to a conclusion there?
- what happens if we get too less candidates (either by nomination or by
- the Secretary-Job ... we got a volunteer, is that ok for everyone? If
yes, I'd like to add something like this to the council page:
  "On it's first meeting a new council should nominate a Secretary.
Depending on the availability of candidates, this might either be a
council member volunteering to do it, a volunteering developer or a
staff-member or in case no dedicated Secretary is found the council
members have to do it in a rotating scheme (either rotate on every
meeting or every n times). The Secretary is responsible for keeping the
log of the meeting, putting together a summary and publishing it on the
council page."

- prepalldocs ... do we need more information to decide? Should I ask on
-dev to get more input?
- Bugs remaining:
234711 - GLEP 54: scm package version suffix
234713 - GLEP 55: Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
234716 - Extent of Code of Conduct enforcement
What is the status for them?
- DVCS ... dberkholz mentioned it and I think we should take another look/get a status update
- Homepage: any news on reorganizing the index? any news on the redesign? Can the council push this by trying to delegate the task to someone?
- GSoC: where are the results? Why aren't they on the front page? If beacon is usable, can we set it up on the page to edit docs/pages?

Tiziano Müller
Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member
Areas of responsibility:
  Samba, PostgreSQL, CPP, Python, sysadmin
E-Mail     : dev-zero@g.o
GnuPG FP   : F327 283A E769 2E36 18D5  4DE2 1B05 6A63 AE9C 1E30