From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54: _live or _scm?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 22:15:07
1 On K, 2009-06-03 at 23:11 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Piotr Jaroszynski wrote:
3 >
4 > > on/after the last council meeting the biggest problem with g54
5 > > seemed to be whether to use scm or live suffix. I would like to do a
6 > > small poll here among council members so that I can edit the glep
7 > > accordingly. So, could you please state whether you prefer scm or
8 > > live?
9 >
10 > I prefer "_live" for various reasons:
11 >
12 > - Almost everybody calls them "live ebuilds" not "scm ebuilds"
13 > - There may be live ebuilds not related to source code management
14 > (app-portage/eclass-manpages might be an example), and ebuilds
15 > fetching their sources from a fixed tag in an SCM system, therefore
16 > not being live.
17 > - No confusion with the Scheme language.
18 >
19 > Ulrich
20
21 I prefer "live" for the same reasons above "scm" in any contexts
22 relating to ebuilds.
23 This vote (of mine) is not to be taken as an endorsement of g54 of
24 course, as I take it as a terminology preference question.
27 Mart Raudsepp
28 Gentoo Developer
29 Mail: leio@g.o
30 Weblog: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio