From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] PMS
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 02:19:34
1 On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 11:04:52PM +0100, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 > Hello council members!
3 >
4 > Where do I find the authoritative version of PMS? The version in the git
5 > repository doesn't have EAPI1 documentation and is outdated.
6 >
7 > In contrast to that, the repository on http://svn.repogirl.net/pms has
8 > EAPI1 documentation, is current and being worked on.
9 The previous council wanted Infra to move it, because nobody with access
10 to the repogirl location was responsive, and there was NO work on the
11 repogirl tree between July and October. I couldn't even get an SVN dump
12 despite my requests, I had to extract each SVN rev manually to create
13 the git tree.
14
15 > So, do we really need two repositories? I don't really think it makes much
16 > sense to require to host Gentoo stuff on Gentoo hardware but if we
17 > absolutely must keep that requirement, can we at least regularly import
18 > from the repository where PMS is actually being developed?
19 So folk want:
20 - on gentoo infra somewhere
21 - some non-devs need commit access
22
23 I'm not going to get involved with the politics of it this time, but I
24 will offer what I perceive to be a technical solution (if it causes a
25 flamewar, don't involve me, I really don't have time for more
26 flamewars).
27
28 My offer is to make it one of the Git repos on the overlays2 system
29 (Git-via-SSH). That fills both requirements listed above. It's identical
30 to what is underway for Uberlord's baselayout2 hosting.
33 Robin Hugh Johnson
34 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
35 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
36 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85