From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:04:22
1 >>>>> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 >> We can considerably shorten this discussion, because it boils down
4 >> to the following: PMS is an official Gentoo document, and therefore
5 >> it's not upon you to make this decision.
6
7 > Alright. We'll escalate this to the Council then.
8
9 No need for that, as it has already been voted on in the 2008-04-10
10 council meeting (repeating it, as you've added gentoo-council to CC):
11
12 | The council voted that kdebuild-1 and other unapproved EAPIs could
13 | not be in an approved PMS document. The spec isn't a place for
14 | proposals or things that will never be submitted for approval by the
15 | council. It's a specification, a reference of what is allowed in the
16 | main tree.
17
18 > In the mean time, I'll give Christian a day or two to revert every
19 > patch he's applied recently that didn't follow the Council-mandated
20 > review process, or I can do the revert for him if he doesn't have
21 > time himself.
22
23 Don't.
24