Gentoo Archives: gentoo-council

From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Vote: What next?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:50:46
In Reply to: [gentoo-council] Vote: What next? by Donnie Berkholz
Hash: SHA1

On Tue, 20 May 2008 13:31:51 -0700
Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:

> People keep asking us for action or a decision one way or the other, and > we can't seem to get enough of us saying the same thing at the same time > to do anything. > > To get some movement here, I'd like to get a concrete response from the > council in this thread for how we should proceed. Here's some options > that have been mentioned: > > 1) Have an election now; >
I think this is the best choice because it conforms to policy and shouldn't be all that disruptive.
> 2) Hold a 1-week vote asking all devs whether we should have elections; >
Why? I don't see what this gains, besides working contrary to policy and possibly forcing two votes instead of one.
> 3) Say that last week's nonmeeting didn't count for any of these > reasons: it was (a) poorly announced, (b) not voted on by a council > majority or (c) not a regularly scheduled meeting; or >
Except that's not what policy has as an option.
> 4) Something else. (What?) > > Which one do you prefer? > > Thanks, > Donnie > -- > gentoo-council@l.g.o mailing list >
Regards, Ferris - -- Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o> Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel, Userrel, Trustees) -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux) iEYEARECAAYFAkgzR7AACgkQQa6M3+I///dRxACgi+ZLqNln3AoNR0Q5vivAq8Hq SzUAoII/aoUszipMGivMcQgMK9lA8Yhm =o6sO -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- éí¢‡(ºw"–X¬¶ÈžÚ(¢¸&j)bž b