From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Amending GLEP39
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:07:46
Roy,

I totally agree with all of this. I proposed the unanimity rule because I know some council members strongly think that any change to GLEP39 requires a vote by all developers. And I figured they might be willing to accept a unanimous council decision instead. Now, if they can be convinced that a super- or simple majority vote is enough then I'm all for it. On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Roy Bamford<neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
> The council were elected to look after the engineering side of Gentoo
Here's a common misconception I'd like to clear. Nothing in GLEP39 limits the council's responsibility to the engineering side of Gentoo. On the contrary, GLEP39 deals mostly with project management and organization, developer activity, discipline, etc... However, the successive councils slowly shifted to be mostly technical, if not only. I have a theory as to why this happened, but it really doesn't matter. I would very much like to fix that during this term because not only does GLEP39 imply that the council should care about non-technical aspects, but I'm of the opinion that if it doesn't happen we'll be slowly rotting. I will be sending more propositions about this to this list in the coming days/weeks. The first step is deciding how we can amend GLEP39 though. Denis.