From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Vote: What next?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:15:16
I'd like to have a feedback about what we did and how all the devs took
our decisions. All we got lately was a minority quite happy but not so
vocal and a smaller minority not happy at all but quite vocal.

So I see this issue as a good chance to know better in advance.

Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> To get some movement here, I'd like to get a concrete response from the > council in this thread for how we should proceed. Here's some options > that have been mentioned: > > 1) Have an election now;
No problems with that route, having the election few month early won't change much.
> 2) Hold a 1-week vote asking all devs whether we should have elections;
This is quicker, less time consuming so I like it better, overall we add one week, so it is good only to get some more done before the normal election.
I'd like to have more feedback and avoid unnecessary clashes with people thinking otherwise, so not a good option. lu -- Luca Barbato Gentoo Council Member Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC -- gentoo-council@l.g.o mailing list