From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o, gentoo@××××××.us
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: Stepping back from council duties
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 18:40:49
1 Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Try thinking about this from a different perspective: What is best for
4 > > Gentoo? If the rules are broken, they should get fixed instead of
5 > > blindly followed.
6
7 Agreed, but it needs to be a clear procedure. "more positive than
8 negative" isn't a clear and comprehensible criteria as it leaves much
9 room for discussion. Fixing broken rules with another
10 may-be-somewhat-broken rule won't help us.
11
12 > To save some virtual trees, I'll respond to your other email about your
13 > and Ciaran's "nobody" proposal. Good idea, put me in the "support"
14 > column.
15
16 Count me in as well for that idea. Having that "nobody" person running
17 in the election allows us to have a clear and comprehensible breakup
18 between those candidates who could easily fill a gap and those who don't
19 (and therefore when it's time to hold an election for a person filling
20 that gap). It still leaves one question open: What to do when "nobody"
21 is elected on the 5th or 6th position (or even the 1st ...)?
22
23 Tobias
26 Gentoo Linux - Die Metadistribution
27 http://www.mitp.de/5941