From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Agenda for October meeting next Monday 2009-10-12
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 21:53:08
> 3. Preservation of file modification times > - ulm asked us to vote on it if EAPI 3 is not close to release > - from the agenda thread there doesn't seem to be a consensus > among PM developers on how to best approach this
Actually, my request was more explicit: If the council accepts mtime preservation, decide which option it should be, as outlined in bug 264130 comment 26 [1]: A: current Portage and Pkgcore behaviour, all mtimes are preserved B: optional update of "old" mtimes C: mandatory update Could you add this to the agenda please? Ulrich [1] <>