From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC enforcement proposal
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:39:14
On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 01:12:37PM +0000, Ferris McCormick wrote:
> 1. Are 3 (or 5) people sufficient to ensure quick reactions to mailing > list questions or IRC? This is minor, and starting with 3 to put the > process in place and tune it as needed probably works. My concern is > longer term. Speaking for myself, for instance, I almost never see > problems on IRC until they are long over, and I suspect this is the case > for most people. Similarly (usually) with mail. And I don't think we > want a corps of full-time monitors. > > By the way, I don't have an answer to my question, but my guess is that > starting with 3 growing to 5 in practice is probably about right.
I'm not sure if the time frame suggested by Donnie can always be fulfilled, just think of availability and time zones.
> 2. As to forums, I've never seen that the forum moderators need any > help with what they are doing. Actually, in a sense I think the forums > are kind of a model for what you are proposing.
Same goes for #gentoo. I also think we should figure out wheter the people in charge should interfere with the moderators/#gentoo-ops decisions. I think as long people are misbehaving only on the forums or #gentoo, it should be up to them, what to do (assuming CoC is fulfilled). cheers, Wernfried -- Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) Gentoo Forums - forum-mods (at) #gentoo-forums (freenode)