From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC enforcement proposal
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:39:14
1 On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 01:12:37PM +0000, Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > 1. Are 3 (or 5) people sufficient to ensure quick reactions to mailing
3 > list questions or IRC? This is minor, and starting with 3 to put the
4 > process in place and tune it as needed probably works. My concern is
5 > longer term. Speaking for myself, for instance, I almost never see
6 > problems on IRC until they are long over, and I suspect this is the case
7 > for most people. Similarly (usually) with mail. And I don't think we
8 > want a corps of full-time monitors.
9 >
10 > By the way, I don't have an answer to my question, but my guess is that
11 > starting with 3 growing to 5 in practice is probably about right.
12
13 I'm not sure if the time frame suggested by Donnie can always be
14 fulfilled, just think of availability and time zones.
15
16 > 2. As to forums, I've never seen that the forum moderators need any
17 > help with what they are doing. Actually, in a sense I think the forums
18 > are kind of a model for what you are proposing.
19
20 Same goes for #gentoo. I also think we should figure out wheter the
21 people in charge should interfere with the moderators/#gentoo-ops
22 decisions. I think as long people are misbehaving only on the forums
23 or #gentoo, it should be up to them, what to do (assuming CoC is
24 fulfilled).
25
26 cheers,
27 Wernfried
30 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
31 Gentoo Forums - http://forums.gentoo.org
32 forum-mods (at) gentoo.org
33 #gentoo-forums (freenode)