From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Secretary & President
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:18:59
1 On 09:55 Tue 10 Feb , Tiziano Müller wrote:
2 > Am Freitag, den 06.02.2009, 14:17 -0800 schrieb Donnie Berkholz:
3 > > Just wanted to comment on this. The reason I have been dumping some
4 > > responsibilities (packages, teams, etc) is so I can spend more time
5 > > on the council, and other things that I think will help all of
6 > > Gentoo, like a DVCS conversion.
7 >
8 > Yes, please start that discussion! I'm probably not the only one
9 > wanting to get rid of CVS. Probably we should continue that discussion
10 > on the -dev ml, but do you know the state of sparse-checkout support
11 > in git? Patches are floating around since September 2008, but last
12 > thing I know is that they still are not included.
13
14 Discussion has been ongoing on the gentoo-scm list for some time now.
15 Join it if you haven't been following along and want to.
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie
20
21 Donnie Berkholz