From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Comparison of GLEP 54 and 'live ebuild' proposal
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 01:15:29
1 On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:29:29PM +0000, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > live can change several times a day. With only one day resolution, how
3 > do you handle that?
6 Hi Roy,
7
8 I'm not entirely sure you can handle that with liveebuild. In my opinion the correct
9 thing to do is not to attempt to put the revision in the package
10 version but to have it exposed in some other way(say a metadata
11 variable holding the installed revision). Otherwise you're just going
12 to end up trying to get more precise and more precise times.
13
14 Really, you shouldnt be putting dates in place of revisions in the
15 package version. It's just a bad idea.
16 --
18 Thomas Anderson
19 Gentoo Developer
21 Areas of responsibility:
22 AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council