From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:12:35
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:01:14 -0800
Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
> What do you propose we do to change this?
I suggest a preliminary agenda gets sent out a week before the meeting. Afterwards, Council members make sure they've read up on everything, asked all their questions and posted initial opinions at least three days in advance. Then, assuming satisfactory answers to all of the above, a decision can be reached in the meeting with little discussion -- and going over one hour shall not put a stop to it. To make sure this happens, I suggest that any Council member who does not post their preliminary opinion (which can include a list of questions that they consider unaddressed, and which can change as new information becomes available) at least two days before the meeting is counted as not being at the meeting for slacker purposes. Emergency measures can still go in later, if necessary, and if responses aren't received to questions then measures can still be postponed -- the procedure needs to be flexible and can be ignored where appropriate. -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>